Sunday, March 27

oooo shiney

my life is full of shiney new things at the moment.  yes, totally and entirely material, but hey, a girl's gotta take what she can get ;)

my super awesome boyfriend surprised me with aquamarine earrings for my birthday:


i treated myself to a new tanzanite ring:


and a better cell phone for texting, cuz that's all i really do on my cell.  the yellow/green edging is my own doing... i didn't like it all pink, it was just too.pink.  so i took some nail polish to it to personalize it.  i think it will need one more coat, when the first three are completely dry:


oh, and i've been knitting a wee little bit.  that brightly coloured background is a shawlette in Fleece Artist Trail sock, i believe the colourway is called Sangria.  i'm not sure i'm going to have enough to make it a shawlette sized shawlette though.  i guess i'll keep knitting until i'm out of yarn and then decide if it will block out big enough.  bummer if it doesn't, but not the end of the world.  not really sure what else i could use this colourway for other than socks though... it just doesn't "go" with the lacey shawlettes i see on Ravelry, know what i mean?  :)

No comments: