Friday, August 11

my beautiful dresser!

wow! wow! wow!

my father came today to pick up the kids for their usual weekend trip to my parents' house and surprised me with this!!


i've had this dresser since i was a little girl. my dad bought it at an antiques auctions back in the day... and my mother was so mad at him because he spent $50 on it and it looked awful. it had layers and layers of ugly paint on it. it was the very first peice of furniture he ever refinished. now it's one of his passions. and he's very very good at it.



he took it a while back to refinish it for me... i wasn't expecting it back for a long while because he only worked on it at my grandfather's house. my dad lives in an apartment and works in my grandfather's garage/workshop. he even went and found porcelain wheels for the legs... and the handles... i don't know where in the world he found those, but aren't they gorgeous?



wow. i am blown away. it is so beautiful. the pictures really don't do it justice. he wants to do my bed next (another antique). i am SO willing to sleep on a mattress on the floor for however long it takes. my dad does miracles when it comes to furniture... quality miracles at that. he is awesome at what he does :)

No comments: