Tuesday, February 20

my shrunken socks

a little tale of caution... here are my lovely Fleece Artist socks BEFORE washing...


and here they are AFTER (notice the placement of the tattoo above... and the 2 little dots of it visible in the after photo to get the full extent of the shrinkage)...


a little felted, shrunken (but still wearable and incredibly soft)... just not the same. granted it took quite a few trips through the washer and dryer to get to this stage, but they got there. so i'll be hand washing my socks from now on, especially the merino ones!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Wow, thanks for the warning. My newly completed Fleece Artist socks are among my favorite ever. They've gone through the lanudry twice already and seem ok for now, but I will definitely handwash them from now on.

TracyKM said...

I'm having such a hard time with Blogger/Google right now. I can't get past the Blogger start page to get into my blog. And then I came here. The top part of your sock picture shows up so I start scrolling down....and your foot grew longer and longer! Then jumped back up to the right size :)
Maybe your body did know best in the TTC department.
Right now, I'm doubting the whole body knows best theory. I think I have strep throat. Megan is puking. Lucy is puking. Huey is tantruming. One at a time would have been much better to deal with.
(This is the second time I'm trying to post this, it told me last time my password was invalid! Argh. The switch to the "New Blogger" is not going well. Coupled with puked up sour chocolate milk on the keyboard...)